The science behind the sound
Biofield Tuning is a physics-based approach to the body, rather than a mechanical or chemical one, so we are utilising the wave form outside the body and not the particles inside the body. Mainstream science is slowly accepting that the human body is not only comprised of physical, mechanical, and chemical components but also of a vibrational electromagnetic aspect with each cell and organ hosting a range of different frequencies that are in constant motion.
What is the “Biofield”?
The 40 trillion cells in your body conduct electrical currents by using the elements sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium. Your whole nervous system functions through electrical impulses. The electricity of the heart starts in the natural pacemaker (right atrium, SA node). Nowhere in the body is electrical activity better documented than the brain. A general acceptance in the scientific community has developed of brain and nervous system activity as electrical activity distributed in a field-like fashion throughout the body and that our bodies are electrically charged.
Ampère’s law states that wherever there is an electric current, a magnetic field is created. Since our bodies are electric, we too have an electromagnetic field with a north and south pole- this is our biofield. However, because it is outside of the visible spectrum we can’t see it, the same way we can’t see wi-fi or radio waves. The outer edge of the human biofield is similar to the double layer plasma membrane of the Sun’s heliosphere and the Earth’s ionosphere fostering a fractal toroidal shape.
This human electromagnetic field was coined the ‘biofield’ in 1992 by Professor Beverly Rubik and a panel of scientists at the National Institute of Health to define the massless field, that surrounds and interpenetrates the human body. It is often referred to as torsion fields, Tesla waves, zero point field etc.
Scientists and researchers at the Consciousness and Healing Initiative have “identified over 280 biofield-based technologies currently in the marketplace for diagnostic (measuring biofield activity) and therapeutic (modifying biofield activity) uses”. Click here for more details.
Medical professionals at The HeartMart Institute have successfully measured human electromagnetic fields. They have repeatedly been able to measure the electromagnetic field of the heart and the brain up to several feet away from the physical body using a SQUID (superconducting quantum interference device). Universities and research centers around the world are now using this sensitive device to better understand electromagnetic fields and their role in the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
The ACMOS Lecher Antenna was developed in 1888 by Austrian Physicist Ernest Lecher and can successfully detect electromagnetic radiation. It has been elegantly modified into a simple yet highly advanced medical tool that can accurately determine and analyse the human biofield.
Dr. Barbara Brennan, a former NASA physicist and a world-renowned spiritual leader sees the human biofield as a bioplasma (plasma being the fourth state of matter distinct from solids, liquids or gases). It is within this plasmic bubble where we store energy and information in standing waves, the blueprint of the physical body.
Through expert experience and pattern recognition, the founder of Biofield Tuning, Eileen McKusick, has been able to map out the human biofield by locating where we magnetically store specific memories, emotions, traumas, and historical, environmental and genetic information. Eileen sees periods of unprocessed trauma whether physical, mental, or emotional to live on as charged incoherent oscillations within our biofield. Eileen has also discovered that the human biofield is timelined, with information at the outer edge of the field relating to birth and earliest childhood and information close to the body being recent or current. All other years fall in between like the rings of a tree. See photo above.
Biofield Tuning works by following a basic scientific law of physics known as resonance and entrainment. Tuning forks are single tone acoustic frequency generators which produce a coherent output.
- The vibrating tuning fork will come to a subtle stop where there is electromagnetic charge in your biofield. The forks tone, pitch and/or timber also changes in response to electrical charge.
- Initially, the tuning fork will resonate with whatever sound or distortion is found in your field.
- Then, working in that particular area, through the production of a stronger, more coherent frequency, after only a few minutes, your biofield will begin to entrain into a more coherent expression as well.
- Sound is part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Using magnetic qualities the fork will facilitate stuck electrical charge in your field and drop it back into center, reminiscent of iron filings following a magnet.
- Essentially, it smooths out any noise or disturbance that may be causing heaviness in your field.
- Your body’s nervous system then moves from ‘fight-or-flight’ to ‘rest and digest’. Homeodynamics is achieved, the body’s natural organisational intelligence that is constantly seeking optimal health and balance.
- The result is alleviation and even eradication of physical, mental and emotional dis-ease.